Friday, March 25, 2022

The Holy Face





My friend Michael Morris always believed I was blessed for having restored this third degree relic. He rescued the Holy Face and brought it to me for restoration. It was crumbling and lost. When Michael was sick, he had the mighty painting brought to his room and positioned on an easel by his bed. I have written the story of the painting and my restoration and will post it soon. The painting is now in the Dominican Diocese of San Francisco and I last saw it at Michael's memorial service. It holds a great power for me as it did for Michael and I have a copy framed in our home. 

Magnificat anima mea Dominum

* The article I added is about the gallery where the painting was restored. I worked there for five years until I moved to Italy. Mr. Van Dongen was a colorful character to say the least.