Saturday, September 4, 2021

No Jail Time for Kosloff?

It always has amazed me that Theodore Kosloff got away with shooting Natacha Rambova in the leg. In his sketchy Wikipedia page, it only refers to his affair with Natacha as being “tumultuous”. Is that what we call shooting someone in the leg now? And does he deserve his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

I did find an error on the Wiki page. It is stated under “Last Years and Death” that Kosloff opened a ballet school after he retired and Flower Hujer was one of his students. Flower Hujer was his student decades before when Natacha was a teacher at the school. I guess Wikipedia should never pass for scholarship.

I have never read he was arrested or did an hour of jail time for shooting his barely legal lover Natacha. What happened with the legal aspect of that? Did she even call the police? I doubt it. A scandal like that could ruin careers.

She was eighteen here and I think this iconic image captures him perfectly.

The last movie Kosloff appeared in was DeMille's, Madame Satan which can be rented on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqCKsaR0R5o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Kosloff