Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Contact

Someone left a comment, saying they wished they could meet Valentino. I consider myself fortunate to have known people who had contact with Valentino, no matter how distance and fleeting. The little boy on Valentino's lap is Bobby Ullman and I worked with him during the final days and weeks of his long life. I have a deep appreciation for Bob because he pushed me to prove what I wrote with documentation. He wanted to know the truth and before he passed away, he did. The photographs of the Ullman boys with their "Uncle Rudy" mean a great deal to me. Who could have known that one day this little boy would be the one to set it all straight? 

I miss the "greats" I worked with and remain thankful that I had the opportunity to know them. There is a fragility to life and history and for this reason I defend the work so strongly. I do not take it lightly. Meeting Valentino? Well there was contact and this stands as proof.