Tuesday, April 13, 2021

The Raspberry Lipstick

How proud I was to discover Natacha Rambova did have her own make-up line. I am still not sure whether it was a line produced as a prototype by Richard Hudnut or if it went into actual production. While I was completing Michael Morris' Addendum to Madam Valentino and communicating with the woman in Mallorca who was Natacha and her then husband Alvaro's god daughter... she sent me a series of images of a lipstick with the name Natacha Rambova on it and clearly as a brand.

The image below is one of these photos I recieved from Mallorca and the lipstick is photographed on one of Rambova's turbans. The raspberry lipstick on the yellow turban is one of my most valued discoveries. Perhaps there is more to discover about her make-up line but the other images of the lipstick and the story of the recovery are included in Beyond Valentino

#Life is magic and you better believe it.