Friday, October 29, 2021

Thank-you From Renato

Today I cross the threshold of three quarters of a century and I want to thank the many dear people who remembered me by sending their wishes, expressions of good will and support.

I'm sorry, once again, to disappoint those who I define as two characters from the story of Pinocchio, the Cat and the Fox; or Tracy Ryan Terhune and David Bret. They, on many and even daily occasions, have wished both Evelyn and me to kick the bucket.

Surely their wishes will be rewarded, in a day I hope really far in the future, as death is the common destiny of all living beings, including the Cat and the Fox in Pinocchio.

How long life is does not count, only the quality of what we have done will remain; how much honesty and seriousness we have been committed to carrying out in our research, how much honest effort we have made to dialogue with the world. That will remain when all else turns to ashes.

Thank-you everybody for your Happy Birthday wishes.

Renato