Friday, March 26, 2021

Chauvinistic Things

I personally feel strongly that anyone not in total awe of Natacha Rambova is a misogynist pig. Look at this image of her (see below). I do not need to restate all she had accomplished by this point in her very young career but it was exceptional. She was on the top of her field in set and costume design.

I believe after all the research I have done on her life and career that she was run out of Hollywood by a misogynist system and by Valentino's handlers. And Ullman was not a “handler” because Valentino was paying Ullman. Valentino's handlers were those people paying him... Joe Schenck for one.

To those who feel they still have some beef with Natacha with their stock laments, “Oh she didn't want to have Rudy's babies”, “She was a harpie”, “She was the worst thing to ever happen to Valentino”... well you are all, in my opinion, misogynist pigs.

I remind them how women have been free for a while now. I feel extremely defensive of my rights as a woman when chauvinistic things like that are said about anyone. I realize Natacha Rambova is an historical point now but she stands as a litmus test for me to know real quickly just what kind person I am dealing with.