Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Hope to See You There

Every year about this time I sense the coming of the religiously tinged morbidity which will take place in Valentino's crypt marking the moment of the great star's death, which took place in 1926. During this event the magus of the Valentino death cult stands at his pulpit, checks his microphone and Facebook feed and basks in the glory he paid hard cash for over the years by buying all the Valentino relics he could get his hands on.

This year I am especially focused on that “annual service”, “fine Hollywood tradition”, or “death fest” as some call it. No doubt my extra focus is because my beloved Renato passed away and was/is treated so outrageously poorly by that magus.

Over the past couple of decades Renato and I researched the life of Rudolph Valentino to great discovery success. And every year as the magus lives out his greatest fantasy as Valentino high priest, etc., my focus seems to grow. This is why.

Why does that man still carry on as he does? For as holy as he believes himself to be, the true proof is presented in the years of screenshots which clearly lay out the wickedness that rained down on Renato and I from this man.

But here is the thing about this year. I am very busy these days and barely have time to listen for the Magus' faint echo wafting from the graveyard. The king of gaslighting that he is, will make it possible for him to believe in his importance and innocence there. Because despite his zeal to ruin us and our business lo these many years, he fancies himself a good person.

But here is another thing about this year. I am visiting in the neighborhood of that graveyard. It is August and Renato and I always visit family in Los Angeles who happen to live reasonably close to that crypt. I am keeping up our tradition by seeing the family and think this just might be the long awaited year that I, as the widow Evelyn, toddle through the graves to listen to the person I consider to be the biggest hypocrite in the world go peep, peep, peep.

Maybe I will wear black and carry some red roses. A veil would be useful. I probably won't because unlike the gaslighting king standing at the pulpit, I do not revel in morbidity.

Here but a very few of the bullying images he has posted in our honor on that blog he runs under my book's title, Affairs Valentino.

This is who he really is: