Saturday, February 24, 2024

Fact

Fifteen years ago tonight, I met Renato Floris on a frosty night in Turin. I have told our romantic story many times but think in recalling it now it has so much more meaning. From that moment we laid eyes on each other our fate was secured and so was the fate of one Rudolph Valentino. 

I think anyone who knew Renato and I personally knows our story was one of great romance and we loved each other passionately. We waited a lifetime to meet and did not waste a second of our precious time together. 

Together we traveled to France, Germany, Belgium, Morocco, Tunisia, Spain and the Netherlands and lived in the U.S. and Italy. We produced and published fourteen books together and were in a constant excitement over new research and discoveries. I could not begin to do justice to all we accomplished here but suffice to say we worked hard. 

I am grateful, ever grateful for that meeting in Turin long ago because magic happened. Not to be trite about it but say that as fact. 

Love to you my dear Renato on this sacred anniversary. As we celebrated the life of The Great Lover... we lived a great, great love.